Sunday, January 27, 2008

Adagio Ti Kuan Yin

I just made 3 infusions of Adagio's Ti Kuan Yin.

Despite having to take a guess at the brewing instructions, it came out well.

The dry leaf consists of little nuggets, each of which looks to be a single leaf, more or less. Leaf color is primarily a swirl of dark and light green. These expand quite a bit in the hot water, as shown here.



I settled on 180*F for 5 minutes for each infusion.





The fragrance was pleasant, noticable but not intense, and a contributing factor to the enjoyment of the tea.

The color of the brewed tea was not muddy and reminded me of a good olive oil.

The flavor was light and fresh, but I didn't have to search for it.

I feel good about the time and temperature I chose worked out fine for this. The amount of leaf was also fine, but I think I can get away with a little bit more next time.

No comments: