Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ya Bao from Teaspring

This morning's Ya Bao turned out to be an unusually pleasant surprise.

I've had a good bit of pu-erh, and this was unlike any I've tried to date. In fact, it reminded me more of a really flavorful white tea.

I used 5 grams in a preheated yixing pot with boiling water for 1 minute. After several infusions I ramped it up to a minute and a half with no negative impact.

The color was light, and the taste was sweet & pleasant.

The dry leaf looked nothing like other loose tea leaves I've seen, but my phone cam took a really inadequate picture. The vendor has some pretty good pics, which may be found via the link above.

1 comment:

Salsero said...

I had a similar experience with this strange tea. Dizzwave snuck some into the Puerh Box Pass. It certainly is unique. I think you are right about it being more like a white tea than a puerh. I posted some notes in TeaChat at
http://tinyurl.com/4xyv7u
and a photo at
http://tinyurl.com/4e34vh