Friday, May 2, 2008

first flush fever

I'd like to say I've been enjoying some first flush green tea lately, but "enjoy" just doesn't get it.

When the first freshly-harvested green teas began to hit the part of the tea market I frequent, I went to teaspring.com and just ordered up 25 grams of each first flush green they had available, and 50 grams of meng ding huang ya, a yellow tea that rocks my socks.

In the last few weeks I've killed off the huang ya and lion xi hu long jing, and have just broken out the zhu ye qing this evening.

This stuff is just about inexpressibly good. Fresher is just plain better.

The zhu ye qing is the wild card so far, and I had no idea what to expect. But when I pried open the sealed pouch, a thick, luscious aroma danced up at me. Wow. Then the taste of the tea itself. Mmmmm.

I've been steeping all of these in the 70-80° C range for a minute or two, repeatedly until I feel content or otherwise diverted. They hold up unbelievably well.

Get some, dammit, and feel the love.

No comments: